Senior EHS/Compliance Professional with Waste Management Experience Needed ASAP
Environmental Strategies and Management (ES&M) is looking for a senior EHS professional to join our EHS/Compliance practice for an initial 12 month full-time placement with a major pharma company in Cambridge. Following this secondment, the successful individual would work in ES&M’s EHS/Compliance practice with this pharma company as their main client, while seeking to grow similar business as well as support other projects. This is an ideal opportunity for a professional in industry or academia who is interested in a move to consulting; it would provide a “ready-made” client after this 12-month secondment from which to launch a successful consulting career.
This role will spend 40 hours per week (less holidays, vacation, sick time allocations) at the client’s Cambridge MA facility, working from approximately 7:00am to 3:00pm, with primary responsibilities that would include:
- Hazardous and Biological Waste management (supervising Veolia technicians and providing support); this is highest priority initial focus
- Environmental Reporting (internal tracking of air emissions, waste inventories, wastewater sampling, etc.)
- Dangerous Goods Shipping
- Sustainability initiatives to reduce waste and energy usage
- Radiation Surveys (perform area surveys of radioactive materials use areas/waste room – training would be provided)
- Other tasks as may be identified and delegated.
The immediate focus of the seconded senior EHS professional would be to develop (and/or implement existing) systems and processes to ensure improved quality control around waste profiling, waste classification and manifesting (through supervision of the Veolia technicians). Once this process is brought under better control, it is assumed some of the professional’s time could be liberated to focus on the other responsibilities.
- Senior level, ability to supervise others, work independently
- Strong Waste Management experience
- RCRA Hazardous Management training (can be renewed, provided individual has fundamental experience)
- DOT Training (can be renewed, provided individual has fundamental experience)
Time is literally of the essence. If you are interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Harrison Swift, ES&M Operations Manager with an current CV immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.