LOCATION Materion – Lincoln, RI
Reporting to the Sr. Site Leader, this position will be responsible for the execution, oversight and administration of all Environmental, Health and Safety Programs and Projects at MTM. These programs and projects are focused upon but not limited to compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, cost reduction opportunities, training programs, accident prevention and wastewater treatment activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the environmental, health and safety of the facility through monitoring compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Formulates general environmental, health and safety policies and measures to be followed by all company personnel. Insures that approved policies and procedures are updated and followed.
- Facilitate and support the EH&S Management System
- Participates in the investigation of all accidents and injuries making recommendations for corrective action to supervisor and/or management.
- Maintain an on-going Accident Prevention Program. Inspects or tours company facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommends corrective or preventive measures where necessary.
- Organize and execute all necessary employee training as related to environmental, health and safety.
- Review, interpret and evaluate current and new regulations advising management of the requirements and impact to operations.
- Write policies and/or programs required by regulations and submit to management for approval.
- Support and facilitate the Safety Committee as needed.
- Consult with all departments on design and use of equipment as to comply with Environmental & Safety regulations.
- Overall environmental management scope includes the management of all problems aimed at ensuring compliance with Federal (EPA) and State (DEM) governing agencies. These responsibilities include:
- Permit Applications/Negotiation
- Compliance Report Preparation and Documentation
- Hazardous Waste Shipment Preparation/Manifesting
- Audit Preparation and Follow Up activities
- Environmental Project Management
- Direct/Oversee Waste Treatment Activities including Waste Water Treatment Technicians
- Execute all projects related to all environmental activities including Air, Hazardous Waste and Waste Water Management Projects.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to provide EH&S orientation to new employees
- Coordinates with Facilities Engineering in the equipment installation, modification or alteration and building design to insure compliance with environmental, health and safety practices.
- Works with Corporate EH&S group to implement corporate EH&S policies, programs, procedures, and standards. May work with staff from other Materion facilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, occupational health, biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering / physics or equivalent degree
- CIH or CSP certification preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in the field of Environmental, Health & Safety or Engineering Management
- Must have demonstrated experience in conducting employee training programs aimed at but not limited to Right-to-Know training, HazWoper, New Employee Orientation, etc.
- Must have experience with waste water treatment activities
- Experience within a metals manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office
- Strong communication and presentation skills within all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a matrix environment