Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Monogram foods has an exciting opportunity for a EHS Manager at our Wilmington, MA food manufacturing complex. The role will be responsible for administering the safety and environmental functions in a rapidly growing multi-site complex, direct the safety and environmental programs and policies to ensure the facility is operating to standard while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Reports to Corporate Director of Employee Safety & Health, in a matrix reporting structure with plant operations. This role is part of a ten-person EHS team supporting the Monogram sites and Support Center across the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the safety and environmental programs for the facility and ensures these programs are reviewed annually and updated as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Monogram, environmental and safety regulatory requirements.
- Understand and maintain compliance with all permits and environmental plans
- Drives environmental strategy to lead site sustainability efforts
- Provide leadership and support for team-based safety and environmental steering teams
- Promote culture of inclusion of all team members in environmental and safety activities and priorities
- As a member of the Monogram EHS team, in partnership with the other site EHS team members develop and audit Monogram environmental and safety corporate policies
- Audits facility to identify and mitigate hazardous safety, health or environmental conditions.
- Analyze incidents and incident statistics to ensure necessary corrective actions/preventive measures have been determined and are in place.
- Manages workers compensation claims, liaison to 3rd party claims managers, ensures necessary reports are filed, tracking and documentation requirements followed, employee restrictions and ramp in/work hardening requirements are followed.
- Provide/support new hire orientation for all safety and environmental topics and ensures all annual compliance training occurs, is understood and documented.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health Safety, Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related science field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of environmental, health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough working knowledge of Federal, State and local environmental and safety requirements and the ability to ensure sustained compliance throughout the complex
- Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to drive team member led environmental and safety culture
- High level of interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid U.S. drivers license Possess or ability to earn RSO certification
- Possess or willing to earn CSP or similar certification