Regional HSSE Manager
The Regional Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for directing guidance and support for all HSE activities related to the account operations.
General responsibilities include creation, implementation, monitoring, and support of C&W Services’ HSE compliance programs and conformance to HSE management systems for C&W personnel at the client account.
Providing quality, timely and professional subject matter expertise and business support in the implementation, monitoring and review of C&W Services HSE standards/systems to ensure that a safe, sustainable, efficient and legally compliant work environment is maintained at all times.
- Health and Safety
- Honesty & openness in communication
- Outstanding customer service
- Continuous improvement and innovation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Articulate and live the C&W Services culture by being present in the workplace, setting an example by modelling the required behaviors in the workplace, and hold others (employees and peers) accountable for their actions by identifying and acting on behavior which is inconsistent with agreed upon standards;
- Support Operations deployment of C&W Services’ Corporate HSE Management System across the region, particularly HSE program implementation, to ensure safety is part of C&W Services’ day-to-day operations at each site in the account;
- Direct design and deployment of the HSSE portions of the Learning Management System (LMS), Incident Management System and Audit/Inspection tracking system.
- Develop an understanding of Key Client functioning and customize the HSSE function to support their needs using C&W Services’ HSE policies and programs as the minimum performance standard;
- Ensure implementation of corporate incident management program. Review account incident reports, investigations and resultant Corrective Action Plan (CAPs). Participate in account Incident Reviews (RIRs) and Significant Incident Reviews (SIRs), involving senior management in the incident review process;
- Directs the implementation, monitoring and review of HSSE systems through yearly governance plans, audits and inspections, and management systems reviews.
- Develop, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, plans and strategies to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and deliverables as negotiated with and set by the Master Service Agreement;
- Submit account HSE performance reports, including progress reports on both leading and lagging Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as outlined in the Master Service Agreement;
- Support Workers’ Compensation (WC) claims tracking, investigation and management process. Liaise with WC Program Manager on injury management and early return-to-work policy.
- Support account compliance with HSE record keeping requirements, including corporate and regulatory compliance program documentation (e.g., auditing, training, medical, and OSHA records);
- Report to Senior Operational Management on a scheduled, periodic basis and undertake relevant ad-hoc projects, initiatives, tasks as directed by the Senior Alliance Director;
- Participation in periodic Corporate HSE planning meetings and develop action plans, as needed.
- Executive Leadership Team, including the President
- Regional HSSE Managers
- Group Manager – HSSE
- Site/account HSSE Teams
- Contractors and subcontractor chain
- Key State and National Clients
- Contract Management Teams
- Multiple stakeholders – Government and non-Government.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience)
- BA/BS in Safety, Engineering or related sciences preferred;
- Occupational Health & Safety Certification (ASP, CSP or CIH) preferred;
- 8+ years of occupational HSE work experience within the facility services and/or building maintenance industry, with at least 3 years in a management role overseeing multiple sites;
- Working knowledge of risk recognition, assessment and control techniques;
- Demonstrable success in managing safety systems across multiple accounts/sites;
- Subject Matter Expertise in relevant local, state and federal HSE regulations;
- Competency with incident investigation process and Corrective Action Plan implementation;
- Effective communication skills including verbal and report writing;
- Ability to manage projects and conflicting priorities;
- Ability to be sensitive to operational issues and understanding customer needs;
- Planning, organizing and time management skills to effectively establish the priority and scheduling of work tasks and projects to ensure work priorities are completed on time and within budget;
- Conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills to enable the identification of issues and making sound decisions to determine appropriate courses of action for achieving long-range organizational goals.
- Spanish language preferred but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel up to 75%, mainly M-F, but could involve exception weekend stays
- Ability to climb ladders to access elevated areas
- Ability to lift 40 pounds of weight
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese, a plus, but not required
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.