The Greater Boston Chapter is holding their annual Beanpot Open Scholarship Golf Outing on Friday, October 22. Please be a part of raising funds for our local student scholarships which we distribute to safety students in the Greater Boston – New England area. Be part of the next generation of safety professionals engaged in our noble profession.
- Golfers wanted!
- Sponsors Needed!
Start your weekend early and come join us for our 21st annual BOSGO scholarship golf outing at Juniper Hills Golf Course!Read More
Society has proposed a change from a House of Delegates to an Advisory Group. As such the Boston Delegates want to share this transformation with all membership and gather interest so we represent members opinions when the vote is held in early 2022.
The last 18 months have brought many challenges, changes and opportunities, sometimes all rolled into a single situation. ASSP’s 2021 governance proposal certainly falls in that category. It’s challenging to consider changing a long-standing system – the House of Delegates – perhaps more so because the Society has traditionally been slow to move and make decisions.Read More
Greater Boston Chapter ASSP is announcing two $1500 scholarships for students who have demonstrated academic excellence while completing college work in the field of occupational safety & health.
- Member of the Greater Boston Chapter, or
- Member of the Greater Boston Chapter Student Section, or
- Immediate Family of a Chapter Member (spouse or child)
- The student must have a grade point average of 2.5 (or higher) out of 4.0 at the time of application
- Starting with second-year or sophomore level.
- The Greater Boston Chapter has extended the scholarship deadline to June 1st and will soon be announcing the student winners.
- Stand-Up 4 Grain Safety Week (Mar. 29 – Apr. 2, 2021)
- National Work Zone Awareness Week (Apr. 26-30, 2021)
- Fall Prevention Stand-Down (May 2021)
- Heat Illness Prevention (May 21, 2021)
- Trench Safety Stand-Down (June 2021)
- Safe + Sound Week (August 2021)
The US job market has taken a hit due to widespread layoffs and furloughs due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As such, the Executive Board wants to remind everyone that society has a defined Hardship program. You can count on ASSP at this time of challenge. Society will extend a 1-year complimentary membership, with full membership benefits. The form is available here for submission. Please tell a friend or member that the Greater Boston Chapter is here to assist. We can connect members looking for employment with job postings and encourage the sharing of open positions so all can apply. We are stronger as a group.